Clear aligners are an effective alternative to traditional braces, because they use a system of clear, removable trays used to straighten teeth. Each aligner is custom-made to fit over your teeth and is designed to gradually move teeth into their proper position. Using clear aligners for orthodontic treatment is not for everyone. The best way to find out if clear aligners are the right option for you is to schedule a consultation with your orthodontist.
How do clear aligners work?
Clear aligners are used as an alternative to traditional braces, and are designed to help guide teeth into proper position. Just like braces, clear aligners use gradual force to control tooth movement, but without any metal wires or brackets. The aligners are made with a strong plastic material that has been fabricated to fit your mouth. As treatment progresses you switch aligners. Each aligner is a little different, so your teeth move a little more with every change.
Aligners are worn for at least 20 hours each day, and you'll receive a new aligner every two weeks. The length of your treatment depends on the severity of your case, and treatment can take anywhere from six months to two years.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment with clear aligners:
Clear aligners are a great alternative for patients who want a straighter smile but do not want to wear metal braces, or for patients who have had treatment in the past and want to make minor corrections to their smile. There are several advantages to orthodontic treatment with clear aligners.
- Clear aligners are easier to keep clean, making it easier to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
- Clear aligners are comfortable and less likely to irritate your gums and cheeks.
- Clear aligners prevent wear on the teeth from tooth grinding.
- Clear aligners are removable, so it's easier for you to brush and floss after meals.
If you're interested in orthodontic treatment with clear aligners, schedule an appointment and talk to your orthodontist about whether this is the right treatment option for you. Scheduling a consultation is your first step toward achieving the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
Average treatment time with SureSmile is 30% or more faster than conventional braces.*
(*Based on a comparison of 1,849 patients treated conventionally and 4,376 patients treated with SureSmile.)
Through the use of SureSmile technology, your orthodontist can offer you a "braces experience" that provides:
- Shorter treatment times
- Fewer office visits
- Less overall discomfort
- High-quality results
Our technology-driven orthodontic process offers several important benefits that make the whole "braces experience" much easier for patients than conventional orthodontics!
Watch testimonials from actual SureSmile patients
Shorter Treatment Times
You've probably heard from friends or family that wearing braces is a long-term commitment, taking more than two years on average. With SureSmile orthodontic treatment, getting braces isn't what it used to be. You'll get outstanding results in less time with SureSmile technology.
Fewer Office Visits
With SureSmile, patients spend less time in treatment and make fewer visits to the orthodontist. The custom SureSmile archwire provides smoother movement for a more comfortable experience than traditional braces. And by quickly returning to a normal oral hygiene routine, maintaining healthy teeth and gums is easier.
Less Overall Discomfort
Anyone who has worn braces will probably tell you that wire adjustments and changes were the least favorite part of the process due to discomfort. Fortunately, the SureSmile system is engineered to maximize therapeutic efficiency of each wire, significantly reducing the number of adjustments needed. This means fewer episodes of discomfort over the course of your treatment.
Instead of the doctor bending an archwire by hand, a SureSmile wire is custom-shaped by a robot. When the wire is inserted, each tooth moves directly to the prescribed position. It's this precise movement that enables such great results with a shorter treatment time.
© 2011 OraMetrix, Inc. All rights reserved. SureSmile and OraScanner are registered trademarks of OraMetrix. Copper Ni-Ti is a registered trademark of Ormco Corporation.
There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world. Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.